Hello everyone. I was going to do a mini reviews but then I realized I have been so busy I haven’t read anything this week to review. So I figured instead I would do a list of some of the biggest pet peeves I have about the YA community.
Just know that these are my opinions. And it in no regard reflects certain people (insert rest of boring speech about not pissing people off).
- I dislike reading hyped books.
- I always feel like I have to love these books. For example ACOTAR. I didn’t read any of them until this year. Everyone is so obsessed with the Maas books that I went in with way to high hopes. I admit I haven’t read a lot of the most hyped books because I don’t want to go in with such expectations that it doesn’t live up to it.
- Book boxes are becoming very cheap in the things they include
- Lately I have stopped buying most boxes. There are so many paper items that I will never use. Yes some of the books and items are amazing but those have become so rare that I just trade for what I want.
- Books/Arcs for trade
- If you follow me you know I trade a whole lot. I tried to stop and I couldn’t. But lately it has become a terrible place to be. Instead of helping people get their hands on arcs to read/review it has become just about collectors trading unicorns or asking for ridiculous things in exchange for a book.
- I try my best to find something in someones media (I can’t always). I want to trade things but I am just not able to get my hands on what everyone wants. It makes me sad that people are only looking for a few things and no one else even bothers anymore.
I had more but then it took over an hour to get the kids to bed and I just want to watch Jane the Virgin and eat ice cream. Hopefully I can do another one of these at some point. Mostly because it helps me get thoughts out.