Late last month I did a post about options for getting your money back for Whimsify. Well here is an updated version since no one has had any responses. If you want to see that post you can check it out here.
I did find out some people actually got some of their Black Friday items but not everyone and no one has gotten a Dec box nor the Wicked and Whimsical.
So what can you do?
- Inform everyone you know not to order from the site. Whimsify still has it’s shop open and is selling items, boxes, and even the wicked and whimsical box. So please post on social media about it. I would hate anyone else to lose their money.
- Contact PayPal and see if your window is still open to get a refund. If not see below.
- Call your credit card company! I was past my PayPal date and I couldn’t file a dispute on my CC website. I called and spoke to the dispute department and they were able to go back and create the dispute for me.
- An add on for the CC. They won’t deal with the owner of whimsify, instead they contact the owners bank and deal with them. So that makes it more likely you will get a refund. Just have a bunch of proof ( not that it’s hard with all the emails, comments, if you have emailed).
- File a complaint with the BBB, the FTC, and Shopify. While these many not get you your money back they might help shut the company down so no one else gets screwed.
Now for the Do Nots.
- DO NOT harass the owner as it could come back on you. That is not to say do not message or ask for updates. Just don’t be cruel, mean, or say things you wouldn’t say to someone in person.
- DO NOT contact the owners personal contacts asking them to get you in touch with her. That’s like someone calling your mom to call you.